The Blockland Cleveland initiative is a 300-strong volunteer collaboration comprised of developers, business leaders, government representatives, entrepreneurs, philanthropic organizations and universities. They are working together to establish Cleveland as a significant technology center by being a leader in blockchain solutions. Their goal is to massively grow employment that benefits the entire Cleveland community.
- Educate: Provide for an emerging workforce and leaders in blockchain technology.
- Lead: Demonstrate innovation and real-world application of technology in the Midwest.
- Establish: Create a local ecosystem where partnerships leverage blockchain technology.
- Promote: Blockchain has incredible potential to be inclusive in serving the greater good.
- Thought leadership
- Business applications
- Talent development
- Political environment
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Legal system
- Research and innovation
Focused towards building a blockchain based business environment, Blockland cleveland is hosting the Blockland Solutions Conference which is held between December 1st and December 4th. This 4 day event focuses on higher education, government, industry, philanthropy and the community. The event features more than 130 speakers and over 1500 attendees. It’s a grassroots effort spearheaded by Blockland, a community-wide movement to establish a blockchain ecosystem in Cleveland, and put the region at the forefront of blockchain thought leadership.