While bitcoin has been the most sought-after cryptocurrency, it usually experiences great volatility in its costs. This sort of volatility in the short term makes bitcoin and other famous cryptocurrencies less suited for daily usage by people for the time being.
This was the main reason why Stablecoin got instituted, as this cryptocurrency provides substantial price stability, and this is what makes it suitable for daily usage. In this article, you will learn everything about Stablecoin, ranging right from Stablecoin types to how it works to what are its advantages and disadvantages.
A Stablecoin is a novel form of cryptocurrency that strives to extend price security and stability. A reserve asset upholds this cryptocurrency. Stablecoin has augmented tractions as it endeavours to provide double benefits to the users in terms of on-the-spot processing and safety. Some of its extended features include confidentiality of fees payments of cryptocurrencies and volatility-free solid and stable estimates of fiat coins or currency.
This implies that Stablecoin sustains a constant or stable value against a spot price, making it an engaging proposal for investors and presenting the merchants with the well-required stability that is needed to engage in the crypto space.
Unocoin is a prominent and the country’s first cryptocurrency trading online platform that enables traders to purchase, sell and trade cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, ethereum, Stablecoin and many more. This platform is a one-of-its-kind crypto assets and blockchain technology company that has become the most sought-after name in the field of crypto trading.
What are the different types of Stablecoin?
Cryptocurrency is spectacularly volatile, diminishing mainstream involvement and confining its application (frequently) as a suitable mode of trade for goods and services. And due to this problem of cryptocurrencies being extremely volatile, Stablecoin comes into the picture.
Stablecoin is a flat or moderately volatile variant of a cryptocurrency, making it the most stable cryptocurrency. The main reason for the prices of this cryptocurrency being so stable is because the value of Stablecoin is fastened to other stable assets like gold or US dollars. There are generally four types of Stablecoin prevalent in the market that are stated below.
- Fiat Backed Stablecoin
The most popular kind of Stablecoin is either collateralised or backed or upheld by fiat currency like EUR, USD, or GBP. Fiat upheld Stablecoin are maintained at a 1:1 proportion. This implies that 1 unit of Stablecoin is equal to 1 unit of a fiat currency.
Hence for every Stablecoin that is present, there is reasonably a stable fiat currency that is being retained in a bank account to uphold it. These Fiat-backed Stablecoin are the most uncomplicated composition a Stablecoin can hold. And, integrity owns great benefits.
This simplicity makes it effortless to learn for anyone who might be a brand-new user of cryptocurrencies. It can further enable them for more extensive adoption of this innovative technology.
2. Commodity Backed Stablecoin
Commodity upheld Stablecoin are sustained with strong assets like real estate or gold. The most generally utilised asset to collateralise or upheld Stablecoin is gold, and this Stablecoin Gold can be one of the perfect Stablecoin examples for its less volatility.
These commodities even hold the potential to increase in value over the given time, which provides an enhanced consideration for individuals to count on and utilise these coins.
3. Crypto-Backed Stablecoin
Other cryptocurrencies usually uphold these crypto-backed Stablecoin, which allows these Stablecoin types to be more decentralised compared to the fiat-backed Stablecoin.
To subdue price volatility ventures, these Stablecoin are usually more collateralised so that they can grasp price variations in the collateral.
4. Non-collateralized Stablecoin
These non-collateralized Stablecoin are not upheld by anything, which may appear inconsistent with what Stablecoin is. These kinds of Stablecoin employ an algorithmically administered way to regulate the Stablecoin supply.
As demand rises, brand-new Stablecoin is built to diminish the value back to the standard level. If the Stablecoin is exchanging too low, then coins on the exchange are brought up to decrease the current supply.
However, the values of these Stablecoin would continue to be stable as they are managed by market demand and supply. Hence, one can say that this is a highly decentralised and self-governing type of Stablecoin, as it is not upheld by or collateralised to any different asset.
How do Stablecoin works?
Stablecoin is a cryptocurrency with a set price. This implies that the price of this cryptocurrency does not vary constantly, as in the case with conventional crypto assets. Although this set value range is oftentimes attached to the US dollar or Stablecoin Gold, some currencies are set to varying price indices.
Certain Stablecoin which are presently getting set to join the market, strive to be secured to the consumer price index or comparable indices of some nations. Considering Stablecoin can be set or upheld to nearly anything, certain Stablecoin are set to various fiat currencies and even to high-priced or valuable commodities like gold or silver.
In addition to this, certain fundamental Stablecoin like Tether needs a governor to control the currency and then hold a specific amount for the collateral. This tether then contains the US dollar in the form of a bank account and the value contained should be equivalent to what they announce to preserve the status of the system and to further prevent price fluctuations.
Advantages and Disadvantages of using Stablecoin
While Stablecoin is the least volatile crypto assets, it comes with its set advantages and disadvantages that are mentioned below.
- These Stablecoin hold the advantage of a Cryptoconomy. This crypto-economy implies that the exchange of these Stablecoin charges low fees.
- Stablecoin is extremely secured when it comes to transactions, and further, all the transactions remain completely confidential.
- Stablecoin is usually backed by distinct sorts of assets, making them less volatile and more stable than all other cryptocurrencies.
- These Stablecoin are highly regulated as they are upheld by the high-security fiat-currencies like USD, EUR and many more.
- Due to its fixed and stable pricing, these Stablecoin usually provide less return on investments. This is why investors and traders usually switch to other means that presents them with a higher return on investment.
- To ensure that assets upheld to these Stablecoin are well-accounted, these stable coins usually require an external audit, a time-consuming process.
- One of the principal notions behind cryptocurrencies is to manage the difficulties that conventional financial markets hold. However, Stablecoin are customarily fastened to fiat currencies, and this is what makes these Stablecoin highly dependent on the conventional financial markets and further making them subject to inflation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is bitcoin a Stablecoin?
A Stablecoin is a form of cryptocurrency, usually upheld to an external asset, making it less volatile and highly stable. However, when we closely look at the nature of bitcoin, it becomes evident that bitcoin’ prices constantly keep on varying, and bitcoin is highly volatile. Hence, it would not be right to state that a bitcoin is a Stable
Unocoin is India’s first and the most secure bitcoin trading app. This exchange app was founded in 2013. You can buy and sell bitcoin instantly using the Instant Buy and Sell feature. Not just this, you can also buy ETH and Sell ETH in no time. With more than eighty-seven coins listed on this best cryptocurrency exchange in India, you can also accept bitcoin from your friends from any location. You can also know which cryptocurrency works best for you with the price ticker and notifications. The most popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), USDT (Tether), BNB, Ripple (XRP), Cardano (ADA), Solana (SOL), Binance USD (BUSD), Dogecoin (DOGE), Polkadot (DOT) and other popular altcoins can be traded on the go. The new Android and iOS applications make Unocoin the best cryptocurrency app. With the unique feature of the Systematic Buying Plan, you can buy and sell bitcoin and Ether periodically. What more? You can start your crypto journey using SBP for as little as INR 10. With another exciting feature called Crypto Basket, you can diversify your crypto portfolio based on market capitalisation (Market Cap) or Volume. These two excellent features make Unocoin the best cryptocurrency platform.
Love Crypto Coins. Love Unocoin.
Please find the list of authentic Unocoin accounts for all your queries below:
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Unocoin/videos
- Newsletter: https://medium.com/subscribe/@Unocoin_growth
- Blogs: https://blog.unocoin.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unocoin/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Unocoin
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/unocoin/
- LinkedIn: https://in.linkedin.com/company/unocoin
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/Unocoin_Group
- Telegram Channel: https://t.me/+fasQhTKBsfA5N2Zl
- Telegram: https://t.me/UnocoinSupport_Bot
- E-mail id: [email protected]
- Contact details: 7788978910 (09:30 AM IST — 06:30 PM, Mon — Sat)
- App store link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/unocoin/id1030422972?ls=1
- Playstore link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unocoin.unocoinwallet
Crypto products are unregulated as of this date in India. They could be highly volatile. At Unocoin, we understand that there is a need to protect consumer interests as this form of trading and investment has risks that consumers may not be aware of. To ensure that consumers who deal in crypto products are not misled, they are advised to DYOR (Do Your Own Research).