When it comes to your valuables, assets, finances or money, security is the first thing you look for. You want your money to be safe. You want to have full ownership of it. You want only you to decide for your money. And when it comes to digital currency, most of us, even the players in the world of finances, have a sharp eye on how, when and where our money is going. This tight inspection is extremely essential and must ideally be appreciated. After all, your finance is your power!
And hence, since 2013, Unocoin has been tirelessly serving the Indian digital assets community with one of the main goals: Security.
We have always believed in offering our customers the best and most secure blockchain services.
Offline, Encrypted Security Insured
Crypto is a purely digital entity that can only be stored in digital form. The important affair for Unocoin is to make sure your investment is protected in a way that gives you access whenever you need it while keeping out the eccentricities away from our storage. This is when security comes into the picture. And, at Unocoin we are extremely cautious about how we secure our users’ crypto assets. Most of the crypto assets on Unocoin are stored offline. The set of multiple addresses for offline storage are generated on a computer that has never been (and never will be) connected to the internet.
The first step towards ensuring your security with us — AML and KYC
To completely secure you we need to know you completely. Hence, help us know you. And you can do that by adhering to our KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML(Anti-Money Laundering) policy.
Unocoin is India’s leading crypto assets company that never compromises with the KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML(Anti-Money Laundering) policy. Our policy has always been very clear and strict with KYC’s.
Being a self-regulated company we follow certain customer identification procedures for opening accounts and monitoring transactions. We are committed to ensuring that our website or services are not used to facilitate money laundering or the funding of terrorism or any other criminal activities.
As a part of the identification procedure, we need to obtain certain customer identification documents which include a copy of the PAN card, Aadhaar Card, bank details and Phone number, email id and Passport size photo from every customer. This process makes us aware of whom we are receiving money from and to whom we are sending money. This process helps us to take necessary precautions against any illicit purposes.
To ensure this objective is fulfilled, we have designed our KYC and AML information acquiring system which will help us to safeguard our customer’s information and ensure a clean barter system between the two parties.
Revamping and reassuring
We are here to innovate, moreover, grow and come out as the strongest, most robust and highly trustworthy crypto trading platform. We, hence, also cater to the general and security concerns that we encounter time and again.
Although it is difficult for our users to verify certain claims, Unocoin does not (cannot) declare the individual user accounts without sacrificing privacy. We conduct periodic audits of our platform by internationally recognized security firms, and our company auditor performs the periodic auditing of digital asset balances. We also have always been willing to undergo an external audit by a reputed auditing firm like one of the Big fours if needed (even if it is initiated by one of our users).
2. Our support
We are in full support of the proof of keys movement and believe that every user has the right to know the status of their funds. As the technology evolves over time and if there emerges a method to prove the holding claims in a way that won’t sacrifice the security and privacy of involved stakeholders, we are compliant to employ the same.
Our recommendations for users
While we make sure our platform is intrinsically designed in such a way to take care of your security, it is also essential that you perform some necessary actions and ensure that essential guidelines are followed from your end too.
- Always use HTTPS while accessing your Unocoin account to ensure privacy and data integrity.
- Enable 2-factor authentication. Do not reveal the google authenticator string to anyone.
- Make sure the password is the combination of upper case and lower case alphabet(s), numeral(s) and special character(s).
- Your password must at least be 8-characters long.
- Make sure the Unocoin password is not the same as the Gmail or any other password that you use on other platforms.
- Change the password of both Gmail and Unocoin account once a year. Make sure the passwords for respective platforms are not the same as the previous passwords for corresponding platforms.
- NEVER share your login credentials with anyone.
- Do not believe any random person who shares their phone number or claiming to be from Unocoin Support Team. You can always refer to our website for our helpline number and also write to [email protected]
- Do not open your mail or other links while your Unocoin account is logged in. Visiting a malicious link might lead to browser compromise which might, in turn, lead to compromise of your Unocoin account, leading to loss of your crypto asset(s). Use a different browser instead.
- A paper wallet is preferred. Do not save anything on personal devices( eg. computer or mobile phone) or cloud (email or drive). To access the Paper Wallet, go to Settings > Wallet Settings > Paper Wallet.
Unocoin wants all our users to understand the following important pointers and agree to them before getting started with trading and investment in crypto assets. There should be no shocking surprises for our users! Here are some facts, knowledge material and risk warnings for your awareness (or revision!)
- Cryptoassets transactions are irreversible.
- Any crypto assets you buy will be credited to your respective crypto wallet.
- If you lose the credentials of your own wallet that is handled by you, you will lose your crypto assets and Unocoin will be unable to help you to restore them.
- Remember to backup and secure your wallet seed phrases or private keys.
- The crypto assets’ market is very volatile and prone to bubbles. Rapid price swings or fluctuations are expected.
- Investing in crypto may be considered a high-risk activity. Proper and sound judgment should be used in evaluating the risks associated with these activities.
- The market price changes over time and so your crypto value may be of more worth or worthless in the future.
- Cryptoassets are not monitored or backed by any regulatory body, government or otherwise.
- Unocoin does not solicit nor make any representation that Bitcoin or any crypto assets are an investment vehicle. Neither Unocoin nor anyone else must buy back your Bitcoin/crypto assets in the future.
- The decision to trade rests entirely on the user’s own independent judgment.
When we talk about the security of your money, we also want your attention to understand that security is not limited to money. Your money is important to you, but you are not just your money! You are important to yourself too. The security is of your identity too. With your identity comes the information that you share with us. And with that, comes our responsibility to talk about the privacy of your personal information. We know we are sounding like Uncle Ben from Spiderman! Hey, but you need to read this.
Unocoin collects your personal information for opening an account and also for your transactions. Your details include your:
a) PAN card details
b) Aadhar card details
c) Contact number
d) Email ID
- Use of your Personal Information:
While for your transaction(s) we keep a track of your bank details and information about your IP address and the device or computer used by you for the purpose. Unocoin further uses your personal information to:
a) To process transaction(s),
b) To send periodic emails and SMS with update(s), promotion(s), company news, and notice(s) regarding changes to policies,
c) Customize, measure, and improve Unocoin Service(s) and the content and layout of our website and applications,
d) To analyze the use of the website,
e) Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and
f) To undertake a verification of your identity with third party electronic identification providers.
2. Disclosure of your Personal Information
No personal information of any user is disclosed for any purpose. Stored personal information is available only to the user for editing purposes and to customer service personnel, verification department, administrators, consultants, third-party entities and service providers who are bound by non-disclosure agreements.
You also agree that Unocoin is free to transfer/disclose any information shared by you with us, to a related party or an affiliate or any entity controlled by the promoters of Unocoin. We, sometimes also transfer your information during the sale of assets or business to another company, demerger into another company while getting acquired by another company or getting merged with another company.
3. Changing your Personal Information
If you wish to update your personal information for smooth transactions and other processes, you may also do so. You may access your personal information to make changes or corrections by visiting Account Settings -> Settings. However, when you change any personal information, you will need to provide the documents again and go through the verification procedure before your changes come into effect.
We might also place cookies on your device while you access the website. In this regard, we use flask cookies to promote account security, as well as both session and persistent cookies. Any sensitive information in these cookies is encoded so that only Unocoin can interpret the information stored on them. The cookies are placed for the following purposes:
a) Recognize you as a Unocoin customer,
b) Collect information about your computer to mitigate risk and help prevent fraud,
c) Customize your experience, content, and advertising.
d) Measure promotional effectiveness.
Ensuring security is not a one time process. It is continuous, topmost, inseparable & repetitive monitoring. And hence, to get better at it, we are also taking the following steps going forward.
- Increasing the frequency of educating our customers regarding the security measures they should be taking to keep their accounts secure. Please follow all our verified social media accounts.
- Considering the hardware-based authentication preferably through UbiKey for the customers who would want to opt for it.
While we do our best to provide the best in class security measures to safeguard our user’s data and their funds, it is important to note that the users also need to understand and employ the best security practices to safeguard themselves at their end. Kindly take this opportunity to read (or re-read) our guidelines here https://www.unocoin.com/in/support/security.
Unocoin is India’s first and the most secure bitcoin trading app. This exchange app was founded in 2013. You can buy and sell bitcoin instantly using the Instant Buy and Sell feature. Not just this, you can also buy ETH and Sell ETH in no time. With more than eighty-seven coins listed on this best cryptocurrency exchange in India, you can also accept bitcoin from your friends from any location. You can also know which cryptocurrency works best for you with the price ticker and notifications. The most popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), USDT (Tether), BNB, Ripple (XRP), Cardano (ADA), Solana (SOL), Binance USD (BUSD), Dogecoin (DOGE), Polkadot (DOT) and other popular altcoins can be traded on the go. The new Android and iOS applications make Unocoin the best cryptocurrency app. With the unique feature of the Systematic Buying Plan, you can buy and sell bitcoin and Ether periodically. What more? You can start your crypto journey using SBP for as little as INR 10. With another exciting feature called Crypto Basket, you can diversify your crypto portfolio based on market capitalisation (Market Cap) or Volume. These two excellent features make Unocoin the best cryptocurrency platform.
Love Crypto Coins. Love Unocoin.
Please find the list of authentic Unocoin accounts for all your queries below:
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Unocoin/videos
- Newsletter: https://medium.com/subscribe/@Unocoin_growth a>
- Blogs: https://blog.unocoin.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unocoin/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Unocoin
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/unocoin/
- LinkedIn: https://in.linkedin.com/company/unocoin
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/Unocoin_Group
- Telegram Channel: https://t.me/+fasQhTKBsfA5N2Zl
- Telegram: https://t.me/UnocoinSupport_Bot
- E-mail id: [email protected]
- Contact details: 7788978910 (09:30 AM IST — 06:30 PM, Mon — Sat)
- App store link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/unocoin/id1030422972?ls=1
- Playstore link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unocoin.unocoinwallet
Crypto products are unregulated as of this date in India. They could be highly volatile. At Unocoin, we understand that there is a need to protect consumer interests as this form of trading and investment has risks that consumers may not be aware of. To ensure that consumers who deal in crypto products are not misled, they are advised to DYOR (Do Your Own Research).